So. Apparently it’s the second last month of 2018 and it is slightly concerning.
It’s kind of scary when you think that a day of school lasts forever but an year is over like a snap
like Thanos*?? Is anyone else also having an existential crisis.
Anyways, I try my best to not procrastinate on things and actually get work done, so today I’m going to summarize all that happened in October! I was not, and still isn’t looking forward to this month (aka interim reports and potential term finals), so this shall be interesting.
Let’s dive right in, shall we? *hup*
*to all y’all Marvel fans because I care. And I was forced to watch Infinity Wars
+ 300 Followers
I can’t put this into words honestly, just THANK YOU. This means the world to be able to share my thoughts and life through blogging, and the support is amazing. This past 1 and a half year has been absolutely life-changing, and it’s credits to each and everyone of you. I’ve met some amazing bloggers every since I started blogging, and honestly, can’t imagine being without them. Thank you all again so so much, it means everything and beyond to me *attempts to hug 300 people at once*
<< posts this month >>
<< top post >>
<< around the blogosphere >>
- Olivia @ Purely Olivia talks about 5 book characters that would be her best friends (such a fun read), and let’s just celebrate that Jo March was included!!
- Dezzy @ The Thoughtful Voice did the Birthday Book Tag (aka fun read), and go wish her a happy belated bd!!
- Ryry @ OMG Ryry claims that she is a terrible baker but that is just 1000% not true because LoOk At HeR cAkE
- Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books participates in the annual “Shattering Stigmas” blog event, and reading all of each bloggers post is just so amazing, and I applaud and thank Marie as well as all the other bloggers who did a guest post from the bottom of my heart.
+ Textiles sketch
I’ve talked about this quite a bit here for the past few months-ish: the textiles program I’m currently in. So!! We’re designing our own shirts, and we have to draft up 5 designs showing the front and back. I’m not the best artist, but whatever, tried my best 😅
+ First school dance
After years of avoidance, somehow this year my friends have successfully convinced me to go to the Halloween dance with them. Peoples, it was SO loud, like I could feel the beat of the music pounding in my chest. It was better with my friends, but yep, I’m an introvert assigned at birth and I am never going to one ever again XD I don’t like social gatherings and being in crowded and extremely loud places, but at least now I know what a school dance looks like.
+ Two of my family members’ bd!!
We only got to eat cake for one birthday, but it was a great mango and tapioca cake XD I love my family so so much, and it made me really happy to see her happy when I handed her flowers 🙂
+ Almost got hit by a car
Haha so that was eventful. I think it was about 2 weeks ago, my friends and I stayed after school to do textiles, and we walked home at around 5-ish. When we crossed the main street, this car was turning into left, and it was supposed to slow down and let us pass because we’re pedestrians. Well, somehow that person didn’t slow down at all, and only stopped when it was around 1 metre away from us. So!!
<< playlist ft. meh ears >>
Let’s just take a moment, and appreciate Ari. I’m going to be honest: I didn’t listen to her songs before, but somehow, I feel like after Manchester, she and her songs has so much more emotion and meaning to it. She as been through so so much, but seeing her rise up again is just so inspiring, and gives me hope too 🙂
Anyways, a little talk about her new one: “Breathin'” This one just screams out to me and hit right home. I could relate so much to the lyrics, and the music video is just the perfect representation of what I feel daily. Every time I watch it, I respect and love Ariana Grande just a bit more. Also, “thank u, next” is just addicting, can’t stop listening to it, and it’s the most positive break-up song you’ll ever listen to.
- Rise Up // Andra Day
- Girls Like You // Maroon 5 ft. Cardi B
- Lovely // Billie Eilish, Khalid
- thank u, next // Ariana Grande
- In My Blood // Shawn Mendes
- Happier // Marshmello ft. Bastille
- Breathin’ // Ariana Grande
- Lost in Japan // Shawn Mendes
October was decent, but I could have had a much better reading month if I didn’t procrastinate to go to the library to pick up my holds. Though!! I did 2 reread, which is pretty good. I usually don’t do rereads, so if I do one, then it must be one of my favourites 🙂
<< what i read this past month >>
- really disturbing and creepy, perfect for Stephen King fans*
- creative way of depicting prison + a corrupted justice system
- tbh was a let down
- nicely paced plot, but no emotions of any sort
*not like I’ve ever read any of his books smh
- really cute, fluff
- LOVED the ending
- I liked Natasha’s personality, Daniel… okay too
- another tbh: was almost a dnf
- a nice Saturday read, but nothing really screams at me
Girl Made of Stars // Ashely Herring Blake (reread) ★★★★★
- read my full review here
- Rufus and Mateo have my heart please
- even though it talks about death, it wasn’t sad at all
- instead, it was inspiring, and reminded me that life is so precious, and that each moment is worth it
- LOVE. THIS.
Sea Spell (Waterfire Saga #4) // Jennifer Donnelly (reread) ★★★★☆
- probably one of the only middle grade books I still read now
- I just really love the series, even though it’s cheesy at times
- Sera is just this strong, independent gal, and I love her
- it also shows how she overcomes her struggles which I appreciate SO MUCH (this defines positivity, peoples)
- Orfeo, Orfeo, Orfeo my sweet evil child
- only part I don’t really like is how it we never got to know what happened to Lucia
- overall, just a really good finale, but I hope that there’ll be a fifth instalment to really wrap this whole Lucia situation up
- keep up with new blogging schedule ✗
- shorten urls ✓
- format images better ✓✗
- finalize new blog design ✓
- AERIAL. GET THAT AERIAL. ✗
- practice over-split needle ✓
- improvise on jumps/leaps ✓
- try not to die from stress ✓✗
- keep up with school ✓✗
- try to be happier and laugh more ✓✗
- post GMOS review ✓
- post excerpt of GMOS review on Goodreads ✓
- read 4+ books ✓
- draft up a bookish related post (or even post it) ✓✗
- follow with blogging schedule and be consistent
- shorten urls
- get back into the blogosphere young lady
- blog hop more, reply comments
- practice over-split needle
- improvise on jumps/leaps
- try not to die from stress
- keep up with school
- try to be happier and laugh more
- do okay on my Japanese and Socials test
(same goals, lol)
- read 4+ books
- post a bookish related post on blog
- update Goodreads
+ another of my family’s bd!!
Not going to spill too many
potatoes beans on this one, but my dude, you’re gonna love it 😂
+ Finishing my pants
I am pretty sure I am going to finish sewing my pants sometime in November?? I’m quite excited to see how my capsule wardrobe turns out. When my pant is done, 1 down, 3 garments left to go.
this may have just been the shortest monthly wrap-up post I’ve ever done 😅 how was your October? is school busy for you too? what did you read last month? how do you juggle blogging with life? what songs/playlists are mood to you? should I do a post about my textiles and show some garments and sketches? hope ya’ll will have a wonderful November 🍂
thank you all so so much again, means everything <33